Saturday, September 18, 2010

6 days until the walk and I feel GOOD!

I was soooooo looking forward to the walk today. I have missed my teammates something fierce, my Flamingo Road "Flocking Together for a Cure" mates who I have walked hundreds and hundreds of miles with. I missed them! While this not an official walk day, it was a let's go for a 6 miles stroll and have breakfast along the way, walk. Plus we started at 9 a.m. which is practically noon compared to our other walks.

Today was my test drive. I was NERVOUS. Please, please, please do OK, Mr. knee. Please! I was super cautious on the hills, baby steps up and baby steps down. Straight posture, pay attention! No tripping or slipping allowed. You know what? I did absolutely FINE! It's funny, 6 miles is sooooo nothing anymore. I look back at my post from early in my training when I did 6 miles in the rain. I felt accomplished then and truly I felt accomplished now, but for different reasons. Yep, still got blisters. Don't care! Everything else was super. I was a good girl and came home and iced it and have iced it a couple of times today. It was empowering to get out there, with my team and know that I am going to be OK.

Now, focus on packing! I have lists for my lists. More on that this week. I am too busy to be nervous. Just excited, pumped and READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment