Saturday, June 26, 2010

11 mile Training Walk and present to self

Today's training walk was 11 miles and started at Alderwood Mall.  It is incredible how much time we are starting to devote to the walks.  It takes a long time to walk 11 miles, with pit stops.  About 4 hours in total.  After missing 2 weeks of long training walks, due to Jon's wedding and then not feeling well, I was lagging behind today.  2 weeks makes a BIG difference!  But some of the people who were continually in front of me, ended up behind me at the end or even dropping out.  We lost two to blisters today, so they dropped out around mile 7.

Terry and I went last night to REI to pick up a few more things for walking that we needed.  Terry still hadn't purchased a fanny pack, and we both needed some more good socks and new water bottles.  I am going to devote an entire blog to water bottles, but not today.  They are important!!

The best thing about our training walks, is our routine afterward.  We come home and immediately get in the hot tub.  Yes, we are spoiled!  The one of us gets in the shower, while the other starts breakfast.  We usually make a scramble with eggs and lots of vegis and the best homemade HOT salsa in the world.  Mmmm.  It's a delicious way to start the day and we are hungry!  My pedometer stated that today's calorie burn was 956.  I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment