Sunday, June 27, 2010

First back-to-back, oh my aching feet!

Today was day 2 of long walks, popularly known as "back-to-back's".  Yesterday was an 11 mile walk and today was 9.  I honestly didn't feel that badly after yesterday's walk, but WOW is today a different story.  Both days, I was definitely at a slower pace, likely due to being sick all last week.  I am usually not the one in the back of the pack, but yesterday and today.....well, that was ME!  Yesterday, I felt a "hot spot" or pre-blister on my right foot.  So today I made sure it was bandaged and I also used Glide all over my feet.  Glide is kind of like vaseline and comes in a deoderant-like stick form.  You use it to reduce friction on spots that are rubbing.  I got through the walk, but the tops of my feet are still aching, 2 hours later.  I limped out of the car and into the house when I got home. 

And then, the thought strikes me.........we will be walking the route of yesterday and today COMBINED for 3 days straight in just a few months.  Yowza!!!  I am feeling a little freaked out about that now.  But when I signed on to Facebook an hour ago, one of my friends had posted this video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0iGb0kQlOw


Talk about good timing!  I don't think I could make it on to the sink right now.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment