Friday, July 2, 2010

Off on vacation and determined to get the training walk in!

Every Friday I get an email from the Susan G Komen virtual trainer.  As I am packing for vacation, I am also thinking about when we can get our training in!  Here is what my trainer says for the week:

Countdown: 12 Weeks


Your Training Schedule for This Week:

Monday Rest

Tuesday 4 miles Easy walking

Wednesday 30 minutes Moderate cross-training

Thursday 5 miles Moderate walking

Friday 45 minutes Easy cross-training

Saturday 12 miles Easy walking

Sunday 7 miles Easy walking

We head to Crescent Bar Washington tonight for the first 2 nights of our vacation.  I wonder how excited my husband will be if I wake him to walk 12 miles in the morning.  Hmmmm.  But the next day, the 4th of July, we are off to Couer D'Alene ID and it will be party city.  Or we could wait and get it in while we are in McCall.  Decisions, decisions.  We are going to be gone the next weekend too, so this planning a long walk is HARD.  By the time we return, the weekend training walks will be up to 14 miles.  Yowza! 

Signing up for the 3 day is so much more of a commitment than most people (including me!) realize.  But the training is important.  I don't want to be the person injured and unable to finish.  I am commited to being a trooper.

Wish me luck and Happy 4th of July America!

No comments:

Post a Comment