Thursday, June 24, 2010

Greenlake Double Lap - Staying motivated!

This morning I was slooooow moving. I got up at 6 a.m. as usual and immediate hit the computer, as usual.  Email clients, upload photos of a new listing, create a photo gallery, etc.  But I haven't walked yet.  And I really need to walk.  This week, I seem to have become supremely bored with the neighborhood.  Been there.  Done that.

So I saddled up my side kick Bella (not really) and we loaded into the car and headed to Green Lake.  Always a nice walk, it's 3 miles (confirmed on my pedometer) around the lake, so 2 laps will give me a good Thursday walk.  It was a good call!  There are so many things to see.  Baby ducks!  So cute, but I left my phone in the car, so you don't get any photos of today's walk.  Just imagine~.  Lots of babies, one set of baby twins.  Dads walking babies.  Grandparents with children.  Older people strolling.  Men, mostly old, fishing.  And lots and lots of dogs.  It took Bella at least 1/2 a lap to calm down and MOVE.  SO many distractions!  But soon she was quite the little champ and plodding along with me.  They have a water fountain that has two fountains, one low for dogs and one high for humans.  Seattle is grand that way!

After 1 lap, we went to the car so I could give Bella a nice long drink.  As we walked into the parking lot, a little older lady was sitting on a park bench next to her walker.  She had all kings of dog biscuits laid out on the bench.  "Can your puppy have a treat?"  Of course!  What a fun thing to do when you have time on your hands.  Feed the dogs!

One more lap around the lake, enjoying the views and sounds and smells.  It was definitely a good call to change up my walk today.  And I even resisted driving by Dick's Drive in on the way home.  Now, that's the amazing part!

No comments:

Post a Comment