Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednsday night Twilight Walk and BLISTERS

Tonight was my first week back and the walk was great.  It was little warm out, 81 on my car thermometer, I know...Not that hot!   But I am admittedly a wimp!  We started in Lake Forest Park with hills.  Tath, we love her, calls them slopes or inclines.  But truly the first 4 miles were predominantly uphill.  Slopes.  Hills.  Inclines.  Whatever.  We had a nice breeze and lots of shade, so really our small group did just fine.  My pedometer says we did 6.67 miles, 14,598 steps and 593 calories.  OK.  Now, back in May that would sound good, but tonight, I know it's just a minute training walk.

I felt fine the whole walk, hills and all.  But when I got home, I could feel it.  The burning on my heel.  Damn.  Another friggen" blister..  BLISTER   BLISTER.  I am so completely annoyed with these dang things.  This was a short walk and I have had a week off for my blisters to heal and whammo.  I want to send them to the MOON or POW! "right in the kisser" with Alice.  Ack!  So between now and Saturday, I need to figure this out.  I put 2 coats of second skin on my heels where the blisters appear and obviously that didn't help. 

If you are reading this and you know the perfect solution, let me know.

For now....this red headed chubby girl is cranky with my stupid feet.  I may even try finding a great pair of walking sandals that don't rub my heels.  Not sure what else to do.

Can I scream now???  OK.  I'll just go to bed.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment