Sunday, August 1, 2010

A funny thing happened on the way from the pit stop......................

OK, I am OLD.  Well, maybe not as old as some of the women on our team. Tath just turned 62 (and looks amazing!!) and another gal is probably in the same age bracket and kicks my BUTT.  Sheesh!  Today was a long walk, technically 16.82 miles, but hey I think I can call that 17.   I walked in my new shoes and I am VERY happy to report that the tops of my feet don't hurt at all.  YES!  I do have some pre-blisters (hot spots) but that is just because they are new shoes.  I can deal with that.  But those tops of the feet pain is non-existent with new inserts and new shoes.  Thank heavens for that.  Today's walk was good.  I did fine.  We stopped for a real lunch at a real restaurant around mile 10.  That really made the day long, we didn't finish until about 3:30.  It is a time commitment! 

At each pit stop I would check my phone for messages.  We have a hot new listing in Monroe and my phone was ringing off the hook!  As soon as I was done walking, I had to head home, jump in the shower and bolt to Monroe to present offers.  No rest for the weary or the old.  After meeting with our clients, we gratefully headed to Tom and Linda's who had invited us for dinner.  Such a nice treat after a long day.

But the funniest thing happened at a pit stop today.  We were filling our water bottles in a parking lot of a park and in drives a police car.  The officer had his window rolled down and said "Hello Ladies" and then told us that he had received a report of a suspicious car.  We all thought he was kidding.  Nope!  Someone had actually called in to report our sweep car, which is a Honda Element with our mascot strapped on top; a stuffed Pink Flamingo.  Seriously.....THAT is worth a phone call?  The officer was laughing as he called in on his radio to report that a bunch of 3 day walkers had a stuffed flamingo strapped to a car and nope, it wasn't very suspicious.  Ha!  We really don't look like rif-raf :-)

That actually made our day!  Tomorrow is 10 miles.  Piece of cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment