Monday, May 3, 2010

Chubby girl is walking.

So I took on this crazy idea that I could walk 60 miles. And raise $3,000. And help in the fight against breast cancer. Maybe I HAVE lost my mind. But I am going to do this thing. Because I know too many people who have experienced this "C-word" first hand.


I am walking for my Mom, who is a two year survivor at 81. I am walking for Jan Cone Boyd, who lost her battle 2 years ago at the age of 42. I am walking for Jess, who is a beautiful, vibrant 31 year old, and is fighting a gallant battle. I am walking for my friend Tess Gauthier, who welcomed me into a new neighborhood and watched my son Josh when I went into labor with Jon, 25 years ago. She battled breast cancer two years ago, too. I am walking for my mother-in-law Emma who battled the disease, as well as many other medical issues.



I am walking! Because I can. But I need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment